President-elect Joe Biden announced his Covid-19 Transition Advisory Board, a 13-person group of distinguished public health experts, physicians, academics, and commissioners. Biden stated that the team will assist in translating his Covid-19 plan into action, advising him on every detail of a complex, multifaceted framework “built on a bedrock of science… that keeps compassion, empathy and care for every American at its core.” However, one specialized group of health experts is missing from the task force: nurses. As the President-elect searches for other members to add to the board, we call for the incoming administration to recognize and acknowledge nurses as public health experts who will add a unique and important perspective to this critical work. To read the full story.
- Rutgers-Newark Report Looks at Troubling Educational Impact of School Segregation in New Jersey.
- Supporting Nurses Under Pressure.
- Unlocking a Cure for a Disease That Afflicts Millions.
- Microplastics: Small Particles, Big Problem?
- Rutgers Researchers Use Artificial Intelligence to Predict Cardiovascular Disease.