A team of researchers from New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) have developed an algorithm through machine learning that helps predict sites of DNA methylation – a process that can change the activity of DNA without changing its overall structure – and could identify disease-causing mechanisms that would otherwise be missed by conventional screening methods. To read the full story.
- How can NJ cut high death rate among Black mothers in childbirth? This group has a plan
- Could polio be making comeback in Delaware Valley?
- Soaring Overdose Rates in the Pandemic Reflected Widening Racial Disparities
- Rutgers Will Conduct the Most Comprehensive Study Ever Done of High-Risk Children Newly Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A U.S.-Russia nuclear war could starve 5 billion to death, study says.