Thousands of Americans with failing kidneys are stuck, going to dialysis as they await new kidneys that may never come. An algorithm doctors use to get on the waitlist for a kidney transplant may help perpetuate disparities. It uses race as a factor in evaluating all stages of kidney disease care: diagnosis, dialysis and transplantation. Read the Full Article.
- How can NJ cut high death rate among Black mothers in childbirth? This group has a plan
- Could polio be making comeback in Delaware Valley?
- Soaring Overdose Rates in the Pandemic Reflected Widening Racial Disparities
- Rutgers Will Conduct the Most Comprehensive Study Ever Done of High-Risk Children Newly Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A U.S.-Russia nuclear war could starve 5 billion to death, study says.