American Idol alum Chris Sligh is back at home after being hospitalized with double pneumonia caused by COVID-19. A statement posted on Sligh’s Twitter account revealed that the singer contracted the illness after a co-writer had been exposed to the novel coronavirus. In late June, Sligh developed COVID-19 symptoms and later tested positive for the virus, along with his wife Sarah and the couple’s two children, the statement said. The children have “fully recovered” and Sarah is “doing wonderful in her recovery,” but Chris was admitted to the hospital on July 6 after developing more serious symptoms. There, he was diagnosed with double pneumonia. To read the full story.
- OPINION: The health-care industry doesn’t want to talk about this single word
- Rutgers’ new COVID-19 rapid test can identify variants
- Dr. Johnson featured on NJ Spotlight news: Why is vaccine equity still lagging among NJ’s Black and brown residents?
- NJ ACTS TL1 Fellowship – Applications Available
- Join NJ ACTS Special Populations Core for a Special Webinar, April 16th at 12pm