Dr. Shobha Swaminathan is an associate professor at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School and medical director of infectious diseases practice at University Hospital. This week, she is better known for being the principal investigator for the Moderna Phase 3 coronavirus vaccine clinical trial at the school. On Monday, Moderna announced its vaccine had a 94.5% efficacy rate — the second incredibly positive vaccine announcement in the last 10 days. Swaminathan, who has been involved in a handful of vaccine studies, twice serving as the principal investigator, gave ROI-NJ some insights into how this trial was different from the others in speed and size — and why concerns about safety may be unfounded. To read the full story.
- Why do some people evade COVID-19 while others get reinfected?
- Rutgers Scientist Who Researches the Sense of Smell Named Rita Allen Foundation Scholar.
- Classic Car Show and Men’s Health Fair Educates Community About Brain Health.
- Asthma Medication Not Working? Try Another.
- Understanding the Structure of HIV Protein May Lead to Novel Treatments.