New Jersey Medical School (NJMS) has been selected by Moderna as one of over 90 sites across the United States to recruit adults to volunteer for the COVID-19 vaccine trial (known as the COVE Study) that will test the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in approximately 30,000 participants nationwide. The Moderna trial is being conducted at New Jersey Medical School and University Hospital and at other institutions throughout New Jersey in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health. Rutgers is also likely to participate in additional vaccine trials over the next several months. To read the full story.
- Beyond the Opioid Epidemic: Scientist Seeks to Develop non-Addictive Treatment for Pain.
- Avoiding a “Tripledemic” This Winter.
- Overdose deaths from fentanyl combined with stimulants increased 50-fold since 2010.
- Sober socializing, a growing movement in New Jersey.
- Register for the NJ ACTS Biostatisics, Epidemiolgy, Research Design Workshop Series on 10/19 for