Scientists are researching if a drug that’s being tested to treat a skin condition can also help keep COVID-19 patients off ventilators. The drug, labeled as EDP1815, was being tested on psoriasis patients, but Dr. Reynold Panettieri, vice chancellor for translational medicine and science at Rutgers University, said it will now be tested on coronavirus patients who have pneumonia and inflammation of the lungs. To read the full article.
- Soaring Overdose Rates in the Pandemic Reflected Widening Racial Disparities
- Rutgers Will Conduct the Most Comprehensive Study Ever Done of High-Risk Children Newly Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A U.S.-Russia nuclear war could starve 5 billion to death, study says.
- ‘All of us are living with trauma’
- Association of Clinical and Translational Science Development Roundtable, September 21