One way to quickly see if a coronavirus vaccine works would be to immunize healthy people and then deliberately expose them to the virus, some researchers are suggesting. Proponents say this strategy, called a human challenge trial, could save time because rather than conducting tests the usual way — by waiting for vaccinated people to encounter the virus naturally — researchers could just infect them. To read the full story.
- Soaring Overdose Rates in the Pandemic Reflected Widening Racial Disparities
- Rutgers Will Conduct the Most Comprehensive Study Ever Done of High-Risk Children Newly Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A U.S.-Russia nuclear war could starve 5 billion to death, study says.
- ‘All of us are living with trauma’
- Association of Clinical and Translational Science Development Roundtable, September 21