Please read Dr. Chen’s article from the IEEE International Conference on Big Data titled, Ad Blocking Whitelist Prediction for Online Publishers. The fast increase in ad blocker usage results in large revenue loss for online publishers and advertisers. Many publishers initialize counter-ad-blocking strategies, where a user has to choose either whitelisting the publisher’s web site in their ad blocker or leaving the site without accessing the content. This paper aims to predict the user whitelisting behavior, which can help online publishers to better assess users’ interests and design corresponding strategies. We present several techniques for personalized whitelist prediction for a target user and a target web page. Our prediction models are evaluated on real-world data provided by a large online publisher, Forbes Media. The best prediction performance was achieved using the gradient boosting regression tree model, which also demonstrated robustness and efficiency. To read the full article.
Home / News / Read Dr. Chen’s article from the IEEE International Conference on Big Data titled, Ad Blocking Whitelist Prediction for Online Publishers.
- Join in: “Oh the Possibilities: Careers in Clinical Research” Apr 17, 2023 6:00 pm
- The CTSA Steering Committee is accepting new Working Group Proposals!
- NJ ACTS Congratulates Chintan Dave
- Register for the Road to Commercialization Seminar on April 13th!
- Rutgers-Newark Report Looks at Troubling Educational Impact of School Segregation in New Jersey.