An independent advisory committee for the Food and Drug Administration voted Thursday to recommendTrusted Source emergency approval of a COVID-19 vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech. The FDA isn’t required to follow the advice of the Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, although it usually does. The panel voted to recommend approval with 17 votes for approval, four against and one abstaining. The committee’s recommendation is for emergency use of the vaccine in people 16 years or older. However, there was disagreement among the committee on whether 16- and 17-year-olds should be included, due to a lack of clinical trial data on this group. To read the full story.
- A Decade of Progress: Addressing Humanity’s Shared Challenges.
- NJACTS Community Engagement Core Available Services
- Remote work has been a boon for people with disabilities. Will employers keep it going?
- Marijuana Component Offers Opioid Alternative by Effectively Treating Dental Pain.
- Join NJ ACTS Special Populations Core Seminar on December 5th at 12pm