People with asthma do not appear to be at higher risk of death or serious illness from coronavirus, according to researchers. Doctors at Rutgers University said they found limited evidence to explain why those with the lung condition were no worse off. The team called for further research into the effect of steroid inhalers and the role of age, other illnesses (comorbidities) and changes in behaviour. To read the full story.
- Soaring Overdose Rates in the Pandemic Reflected Widening Racial Disparities
- Rutgers Will Conduct the Most Comprehensive Study Ever Done of High-Risk Children Newly Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A U.S.-Russia nuclear war could starve 5 billion to death, study says.
- ‘All of us are living with trauma’
- Association of Clinical and Translational Science Development Roundtable, September 21