Last week, Pfizer and BioNTech said their experimental COVID-19 vaccine was 90% effective in early interim results. And yesterday, they announced that their mRNA-based vaccine candidate is 95% effective at preventing COVID-19. Dr. Reynold Panettieri Jr. of Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, told Medscape Medical News, “This is a game-changer. The Pfizer data hit the critical number of patients, that was 170, and showed 95% success, which was stunning data.” The clinical trial was ethnically diverse and its results were consistent across all genders and age groups, with a 94% efficacy seen in participants above 65 years of age. To read the full story.
- Why do some people evade COVID-19 while others get reinfected?
- Rutgers Scientist Who Researches the Sense of Smell Named Rita Allen Foundation Scholar.
- Classic Car Show and Men’s Health Fair Educates Community About Brain Health.
- Asthma Medication Not Working? Try Another.
- Understanding the Structure of HIV Protein May Lead to Novel Treatments.