NJIT has activated a prototype mobile medical care unit as a COVID-19 testing center for students, faculty and staff. The mobile medical care unit (M2CU), which NJIT developed in partnership with University Hospital in Newark and The Tuchman Foundation and unveiled in July, is made from repurposed shipping containers and designed for many uses, including clinical point-of-care services at hospitals overwhelmed by the global pandemic. On campus, it becomes the hub for the weekly testing of some 400 members of the community — a key component of NJIT’s multi-pronged approach to minimizing the spread of the coronavirus. To read the full story.
- What to know about the upcoming flu season, vaccine
- Beyond the Opioid Epidemic: Scientist Seeks to Develop non-Addictive Treatment for Pain.
- Avoiding a “Tripledemic” This Winter.
- Overdose deaths from fentanyl combined with stimulants increased 50-fold since 2010.
- Sober socializing, a growing movement in New Jersey.