As the biopharma industry continues its global quest for treatments for COVID-19, don’t count the Garden State out. A good number of COVID-19 projects are already underway locally, according to BioNJ CEO and President Debbie Hart. So, Hart is rooting for the home team. “I’ve been so proud of this industry’s immediate response to a disease that we didn’t even know existed a few months ago,” she said. “I hope it’ll be a New Jersey company, and it’s very possible it will be. But, of course, we’ll be happy with it wherever it comes from.” Everyone’s hoping for the silver bullet for COVID-19, but there are some caveats that make it unlikely any one place will be able to call an effective therapy its own. Because, as Hart herself knows, there’s no guarantee there will be a singular silver bullet. To read the full story.
- People Living with HIV Need Tailored COVID-19 Vaccination Information.
- How the Pandemic Limited Access to Opioid Addiction Treatment for Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups.
- Parental Depression Screening Beyond the Postpartum Period has the Potential to Identify Families Needing Support.
- Treating Moderately Elevated Blood Pressure During Pregnancy.
- To Reduce Smoking Rates in Prisons, Cessation Programs Must Be Expanded and Extended.