The Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey announced it has begun a clinical trial that will examine whether an anti-malaria drug doctors are administering as an off-label use to treat the coronavirus is more effective when taken with an antibiotic. Clinical trials take year to complete. But Rutgers, a nationally recognized comprehensive cancer center, has the in-house expertise to move faster, said Rutgers Cancer Institute Director Steven K. Libutti, who is overseeing the trial. To read the full article.
- Soaring Overdose Rates in the Pandemic Reflected Widening Racial Disparities
- Rutgers Will Conduct the Most Comprehensive Study Ever Done of High-Risk Children Newly Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A U.S.-Russia nuclear war could starve 5 billion to death, study says.
- ‘All of us are living with trauma’
- Association of Clinical and Translational Science Development Roundtable, September 21