A New Jersey nurse has a warning for anyone not taking COVID-19 seriously: “You can’t let your guard down for one second.” Sofia Burke, who has cared for many COVID-19 patients at the North Haledon nursing home, knows what it’s like to be blindsided by the coronavirus, but she didn’t get sick as a result of her work. After her mother gave an elderly friend a ride home in November, the whole family became infected. The friend had a cough, but Burke’s mother had no idea she was infected with the coronavirus. By Thanksgiving, all eight members of Burke’s family—who all live in the same household—had caught COVID-19. To read the full story.
- Soaring Overdose Rates in the Pandemic Reflected Widening Racial Disparities
- Rutgers Will Conduct the Most Comprehensive Study Ever Done of High-Risk Children Newly Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A U.S.-Russia nuclear war could starve 5 billion to death, study says.
- ‘All of us are living with trauma’
- Association of Clinical and Translational Science Development Roundtable, September 21