A New Jersey nurse has a warning for anyone not taking COVID-19 seriously: “You can’t let your guard down for one second.” Sofia Burke, who has cared for many COVID-19 patients at the North Haledon nursing home, knows what it’s like to be blindsided by the coronavirus, but she didn’t get sick as a result of her work. After her mother gave an elderly friend a ride home in November, the whole family became infected. The friend had a cough, but Burke’s mother had no idea she was infected with the coronavirus. By Thanksgiving, all eight members of Burke’s family—who all live in the same household—had caught COVID-19. To read the full story.
- Marijuana Component Offers Opioid Alternative by Effectively Treating Dental Pain.
- Join NJ ACTS Special Populations Core Seminar on December 5th at 12pm
- Neighborhood Stress Can Heighten Levels of Maternal Sex Hormones During Pregnancy.
- RBHS 10th Anniversary: A Decade of Commitment to Community Health.
- Exposure to Air Pollution In Utero May Affect Reproductive System Development.