The American Medical Association recently published “Advancing Health Equity: A Guide to Language, Narrative, and Concepts.” It encourages doctors to address the upstream social causes of health inequities, such as unsafe housing conditions, and to center care around their patients’ lived experiences. It focuses specifically on language that guides physicians to think about the social causes of their patients’ illnesses and to avoid stigmatization. Read the Full Article.
- Why do some people evade COVID-19 while others get reinfected?
- Rutgers Scientist Who Researches the Sense of Smell Named Rita Allen Foundation Scholar.
- Classic Car Show and Men’s Health Fair Educates Community About Brain Health.
- Asthma Medication Not Working? Try Another.
- Understanding the Structure of HIV Protein May Lead to Novel Treatments.