COVID-19 Data Analytics Platform
NCATS National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C) Data Enclave is a centralized and secure data platform, featuring powerful analytics capabilities for online discovery, visualization and collaboration. The data are robust in scale and scope and are transformed into a harmonized data set to help scientists study COVID 19.The goal is to collect and make available vast amounts of clinical data for speeding research and improving patient care.
The initial data in the N3C platform includes over 488,000 patient records.
The N3C Data Enclave is anticipated to be one of the largest collections of data on COVID-19 patients in the United States. Researchers requesting access to, or working within, the enclave are encouraged to assemble collaborative teams with diverse expertise in such areas as clinical research, statistical analysis and informatics to make the best use of the N3C Data Enclave.
The N3C Data Enclave is not a search engine. It is a secure platform to remotely study complex questions using m/billions of data points.
Kinds of Questions N3C Can Address
• Do some therapies work better than others? By region? By demographic?
• Can we predict who might have severe outcomes if they have COVID-19?
• Can we predict acute renal failure in COVID+ patients?
• Who might need a ventilator because of lung failure?
• Why are some people asymptomatic?
• What kind of long-term health consequences will people need to know about?
• Can this research help prioritize people who should be immunized first when a vaccine is ready?
• Does diabetes/fasting glucose increase risk of morbidity and mortality of COVID-19 diagnoses?
• Can we compare rates of infectivity within school-aged children prior to school reopening and after?
• What other health factors increase risk for COVID (smoking, alcohol, prior surgeries, environment (zip codes + pollution)?
• What social determinants of health are risk factors for mortality?