Fellowship in the area of Clinical Research
Are you interested in performing study coordinator type responsibilities at a clinical research site and getting hands on experience to advance your career?
As part of the New Jersey Alliance for Clinical and Translational Science (a NIH CTSA hub), the Rutgers School of Health Professionals MS Clinical Research Management Program is accepting applications for a Fellowship in the area of Clinical Research (No other MS program offers such an exciting opportunity). This is a 6 month fulltime paid position ($25,000 to be paid over the 6 months) to gain hands on experience in the area of clinical research. The opportunity will be located at one of the Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences campuses (Newark NJ or Piscataway NJ – depending upon the site selected by the program).
Dummy accordion item hidden with css
- graduated from our program with a MS Clinical Research Management within the last year or will be graduating at the end of August 2021 term
- cumulative GPA of 3.0 (with no Academic Integrity issues).
Summary of Responsibilities
This learning experience will strengthen the fellows’ abilities to bridge classroom training and hands on experiences in order to comprehensively address the development of a clinical research professional. The fellow will:
- be mentored by the directors of the CRUs and receive on the job training.
- be assigned to one or more studies and would support the investigators and their teams.
- gain leadership and professionalism skills through participation in monthly seminars, round table discussions and journal clubs.
- be exposed to onsite procedures as it relates to initiating and close-out of sites, screening of patients for inclusion and exclusion criteria, administering informed consent, preparation of documents for IRB, maintaining trial master files, adverse event review, and eCRF review.
- be responsible for preparing and presenting training to site personnel on an aspect of what they learned.
- be encouraged to involve themselves in scholarship activities which would lead to an abstract for presentation at Rutgers Research Day
At the beginning of each fellowship a list of deliverables will be identified and agreed upon with each fellow for which they will need to complete during their 6 month fellowship.
Meet Megha Master
Our Inaugural Clinical Research Management Fellow
Megha Master, MS completed a 6-month NJ ACTS Clinical Research Management Fellowship in the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Research Center (CRC). The Workforce Core recently spoke with Megha to learn more about her journey and career development. Click the topics below to find out what we learned: